Camino de Paz School & Farm is a private Montessori middle school for grades 7 through 9 in Santa Cruz, New Mexico, just 23 miles north of Santa Fe. Based on Maria Montessori’s Erdkinder philosophy, we are dedicated to meeting the specific developmental needs of the young adolescent. During these critical years of rapid physical, emotional and social changes, these young adults need an environment in which they can engage their intellect, spirit, hands and bodies. Camino de Paz School’s curriculum is fully integrated with the activities of the Camino de Paz Farm, the context in which students:
- improve academic achievement through hands-on, experiential learning;
- discover their passions, strengths and challenges;
- engage the greater community;
- interact positively with peers and adults;
- think creatively and analytically;
- become ethical, caring citizens.